Software Developer Needs Captive Insurance Specialist
April 28, 2017 / / Comments Off on Software Developer Needs Captive Insurance Specialist
- A software developer with a $250M net worth and a $17M net income wanted to reduce his taxable income and develop an efficient wealth transfer/estate liquidity plan.
- The client’s CPA had been a long time partner/client of VFO Hub with Fact Pattern Analytics and asked us to assist.
- VFO Hub analyzed the Fact Pattern, paying special attention to the client’s goals and objectives.
- After careful consideration of many possible combinations of solutions, VFO Hub decided to bring in their top Captive Insurance Specialist, a leading Tax Attorney to design the charitable strategy and their Tax Credit specialist.
- Together the VFO Hub Team was able to reduce the taxable income from $17M to $0, saving the client over $6M in taxes.
- They were able to use a proprietary estate planning strategy to move the majority of the net worth to a third party owned trust, that is controlled by the client, thereby reducing the amount of life insurance that would be needed to provide estate liquidity.
- The tax savings were invested so that they would double in value every 10 years, net of taxes and fees.
On the Air
VFO Hub Founder, Alex Sonkin, talks with Family Office Guy and Best Selling Author, Richard Muscio, about supercharging Family Offices with world class resources.